Enter the event name, date and time.
When entering the name of the city, suitable options will be shown under the line. You will either have to choose from the possible options, or enter the name of the settlement to the end. If this locality is located in the Atlas of the program, its coordinates and the time zone for the entered date and time will be automatically set. If the entered locality is not in the Atlas, then you will need to manually enter its coordinates and the time zone value.
The localities you work with are automatically saved to the user's list, which you can always edit. It is needed in order to quickly call user or frequently used localities.
You can enter a comment to this event in the comment field.
- Native gender
- Conditional rating on the Rodden scale (how much you can trust the Native data source)
- Flag "Rectification", indicating that the Native data has been rectified
You can also select the dial to which this event will be applied when you click the "Create" button.
- New location — this option is for creating an event with a locality that is not linked to the program Atlas. You will only need to specify the coordinates of this locality, and set the difference with Greenwich.
- Open the database — accordingly, you can open the Database directly from this window, for example, in order to save the typed event.
- Save to current file — saves the current event data to the file you last accessed. If such a file exists, it will be listed at the bottom of this window.
- Copy to Clipboard — the event data will be copied to the clipboard, after which they can be pasted into any text editor, Skype window, for example, etc.
- Paste from Clipboard — if you copied an event string from a text editor, Skype, etc., then you can paste this data directly using this option.
- Select image — the image associated with this event is selected.
- Enable/disable error indication — whether or not to show a warning in the form of a red background in case of incorrect entry of the date or time of the event.
- Now — to set the current date and time
- Atlas — the atlas dialog box opens, in which you can select the desired locality. It is not necessary to use this window. To enter the data of any city, it is enough to start typing its name in the corresponding line, and appropriate options will be offered in the drop-down list, among which you can find the desired city.
- Here — set the coordinates corresponding to the coordinates of the settlement by default, which is configured in the menu Settings/General settings/Location.
Some parameters are set by hot keys. Before that, you need to activate (for example, by clicking the mouse) the corresponding window.
- CTRL+'B' — enables/disables the indicator that the date is set before the Birth of Christ (BC);
- CTRL+'J' — enables/disables the indicator that the date belongs to the Julian calendar;
- CTRL+'N' — switch to the northern/southern hemisphere;
- CTRL+'E' — switch to the eastern/western hemisphere;
- CTRL+'T' — change the time relative to the Greenwich meridian;
- '+' — positive value of the time correction;
- '-' — negative value of the time correction.